Not sure how it happened, but a bed sheet came out of the washer with several staggered tears. To fix these holes, the best solution seemed to be to patch them. Rather than have several, long seamed repairs I decided to try to make the patches look decorative.
After deciding on a design using large circle patches, I used a large coffee cup to draw circles on another torn bed sheet.
Honestly, any design would have worked but circles are just easier to sew. Squares, triangles, stars and other shapes would have made nice patches.
The patches were cut and lined up over the tears in the bed sheet.
I used Fabric Fusion to secure the patches onto the torn bed sheet. That prevented the patches from moving about during sewing.
A tight zig zag stitch was used to permanently affix the patches to the bed sheet.
Here’s how they looked on the back. The tears are still visible on the reverse side.
I cut out the excess fabric on the back of the patches inside the stitching.
Here’s the finished project. Not perfect but also not horrible (if you don’t count my stitching ability).